Mail Size, Receiving/Sending Limit and General settings
- The maximum size of mailbox is 50 GB.
- The maximum size of each message (including attachments) is 25 MB.
- Receiving and Sending Limit (Office 365 for Education)
- Standard Display Name on Office 365
- Support and Recovery Assistant for Office 365 (Pre-installation check for O365)
- Office 365 Learning Center for business and education
- Change display language and time zone
Mail Folders and Suspected Mail Lost
- Default Mail Folders
The University Staff Email System has been switched to Office 365. The following are the default mail folders.
Inbox Incoming messages arrive in your Inbox unless you’ve created an Inbox rule to redirect them to another folder, or they’re identified as junk email. Focused Inbox
Your inbox may be split into two tabs—“Focused” for more important messages and “Other” for the remaining. One can switch between tabs to read the classified emails. You can make this function off if you don’t need such classification.
This folder may appear among your inbox folders if you enabled this function before. It stores the low priority emails by keeping track your reading preference. You can also make this function off now while Microsoft is replacing this with Focused Inbox.
Sent Items By default, a copy of every message you send is put in your Sent Items folder. Deleted Items When you delete a message, it’s moved to the Deleted Items folder. Drafts If you create or respond to a message, but can't finish it right away, it will automatically be saved to your Drafts folder. You can come back to the message later to continue editing it, and then send it. Junk Email Office 365 also has its own junk email filtering. Emails that classified as spams will fall into “Junk Email” among your inbox folders. You can also manage your own filtering rule to get away from junks.
- Suspected Mail Lost
Suspected lost emails usually can be located at,
- Default mail folders (listed above) especially the Junk Email.
- Local mails that have not been uploaded to Office 365 (Applicable for CUHK Webmail Users)
- Quarantine Server at https://qs.cuhk.edu.hk
- Access to Quarantine Server
Password: OnePass (CWEM) password
- If a suspected spam is released, it will be routed through the Gateway again for virus scanning. All suspected spam in quarantine server will be deleted after 21 days.
Mail Forwarding, Mail Migration and Auto-reply
- Forward email to another email account - It's easy to forward email from your Office 365 account to one email account, e.g. gmail account.
- Redirect all messages to another account (appear as from the original sender and include more email addresses). It Uses a redirect message rule when you want replies to redirected messages to go to the original sender and Redirects the email message to more than one email addresses.
- Set up Automatic Replies (Vacation Notice)
- In Office 365 Email - My Out of Office (set automatic replies) notifications are NOT working.
To ensure that your out of office notifications are working, note that you cannot have BOTH automatic replies enabled AND email forwarding enabled. One must be disabled.
- Migrate emails to Office 365 (User guide from ITSC [Applicable for CUHK Webmail Users] / General recommendation by Microsoft)
Outlook Setup and Back up
- Outlook training
- Time zone and language settings in Outlook Web App
Import email, contacts, and calendar from an Outlook .pst filehttps://support.office.com/en-us/article/Import-email-contacts-and-calendar-from-an-Outlook-pst-file-431a8e9a-f99f-4d5f-ae48-ded54b3440ac
Only a subset of your Exchange mailbox items are synchronized in Outlook 2016 or 2013https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2733062
- Back up your email (for Outlook 2016 Outlook 2013)
- POP and IMAP settings for Outlook Office 365 for business
Set up email in Outlook for iOS mobile app
- View e-mail message header
Use of Junk Filter and Clutter
- Overview of the Junk Email Filter
- Block or allow (junk email settings)
Use Clutter to sort low-priority messages in Outlook
Outlook Web Access (OWA)
OWA for iPad and OWA for iPhone
Recover deleted items or email in Outlook Web App
Getting started in Outlook Web App
- Recover an item that is no longer in your Deleted Items folder
Using Office 365 Mail with Mac
- Access your account using a Mac
- Set up an email account in Outlook 2016 for Mac
- Share files or folders in Office 365
Resolve Outlook for Windows issues with automated troubleshooting tools