The DOs & DONT's checklist for protecting your digital data
- Use encryption to protect confidential data
- Backup important data and test the backup regularly
- Use strong passwords, keep them private and change regularly.
- Activate password protection for unattended computing devices
- Beware of suspicious e-mails
- Configure your computer securely
- Run a VPN connection over CUHK Wi-Fi connection
- Turn off unnecessary wireless connections
- Observe and comply with the “Data Protection Principles”
- Report Information Security incident immediately
- Save work-related confidential data to insecure home computers or portable computing devices
- Leave your portable devices unattended in public places.
- Use password with dictionary word or your personal information 4. Place your password conspicuously.
- Open e-mail or click any links in suspicious e-mails
- Run or install unnecessary or unknown software.
- Upload or download files that you don’t have copyright.
- Connect wireless connections of unknown sources