The Learning Commons, located on the 6th floor of Wu Ho Man Yuen (WMY) Building, is jointly managed by ITSC and The Chinese University of Hong Kong Library. It provides you with a range of computing facilities, functional spaces, as well as professional IT and library consultation services for facilitating your individual studies and group works.
Staff & students
Service Charge and Application
- Regular Opening Hours: 24-hour daily (Closed for cleaning on every Monday and Wednesday 8:00am - 10:00am)
- Holiday Opening Hours: Summer Holidays 2017
For other facilities in Learning Commons, please refer to the tabs below.
Visit here for the service hours.
Group Study Rooms (GSR)
- GSR 1: accommodate up to 15 persons and equipped with a PC and projector
- GSR 2 & 3: accommodate up to 8 persons and equipped with a PC and LCD TV
- Mon, Wed 10:00 am – 10:00 pm
- Tue, Thu and Fri 9:00 am – 10:00 pm
(Except public and university holidays)
- Summer opening hours: Same as Learning Commons
- Advance reservation is required
- Login ULS Library Room Booking system to make an online reservation
Please read the guidelines before using the Group Study Rooms.
Collaborative Study Zone
Large LCDs and writing boards are installed to facilitate group work and discussion.
Private Study Zones
There are spacious areas with different kind of seating for your private study.
IT Facilities @ IT Zone
The whole area is wifi-covered. You can select an appropriate SSID to enjoy the free WiFi service.
Printing, Photocopying and Scanning
- Self-Service Printing
You can send print jobs remotely from your own notebooks to the Self-Service Printing stations in Learning Commons, as long as you are connected to the Campus Network and have installed with the required printer driver on your own notebooks.
A3 / A4 colour and black & white photocopying services are available.
Flat-bedded scanners are available and connected to PCs to facilitate your scanning work. You can also make use of the Scan to Email function of the Self-Service Print Stations.
PCs and Software
Express Stations at the entrance allow you to change your CU Link password or use them for short computing sessions.