Blackboard is a full-featured learning management system. Teachers can set up course sites in Blackboard for students to access online learning materials, submit assignments, participate in online discussions, take quizzes, etc.
Staff & students
Service Charge and Application
Free; no application required
Access to Service
24 X 7; except maintenance period
You can access Blackboard with below Login ID and Password. Access to the system will end when your CUHK account expires.
|Password||OnePass (CWEM) Password|
|Student||Last day of the month printed on your CU Link card|
|Staff||Last day of employment or the last day of retirement|
Note: If you would like to keep a backup of your content on the system, you must do so before your account expires.
All users can use mobile app to access the system on their mobile devices.
|Instructor||Blackboard Instructor app|
Course sites are automatically created on the system the next day the corresponding course records are created in CUSIS.
|Student||After course instructors have updated their course sites and made them “available to students”, enrolled students will see the course sites listed under “My Courses” after successful login to the system.|
|Staff||Listed course instructor(s) will see the course site(s) after successful login to the system. Course sites are set to “not currently available” to students by default.|
If any of your enrolled courses do not appear:
- Check course site availability here.
- If you have added a course during the add/drop period, the course site will appear on the next day.
- If you still have questions, check with your instructors, TAs or support staff. You may also contact ITSC via ITSC Service Desk (eLearning Services general enquiry) for assistance.
Related eLearning Services
- eLearning Support and Consultation Service
- Lecture Recording Service
- Courseware Development Service
- Studio Related Service
- Media Hosting Service
- ITSC Education Technology Services
- eLearning Blog
- Copyright in Teaching and Learning (Published by CUHK Library)