User Areas on 1/F, Pi Chiu Building, provide 3 training rooms with a range of computing facilities for a class size over 15. Staff can reserve the training rooms for your teaching and training activities.
Service Charge and Application
Free; application required (Please refer to 2. Room Booking Application below)
Office hours; please refer to the room availability
Room reservation until 10pm on weekdays can be arranged for class teaching. However, limited support will be provided during non-office hours.
Training Rooms and Facilities
|Venue||No. of Student PC*|
|Training Room 1 (Room 102)||28|
|Training Room 2 (Room 103 +105)||57|
|Training Room 3 (Room 107)||24|
*All PCs require login with CUHK email address and OnePass (CWEM) Password.
- Software available on PCs
- White board
- Overhead projector and projection screen
- WiFi coverage
Room Booking Application
- Write to TSC Service Desk (‘ITSC Training Rooms’) at least ONE WEEK IN ADVANCE
- If you need additional software to be installed, please write to ITSC Service Desk and attach the form and the sofrware media and license ONE MONTH IN ADVANCE
A notification email will be sent in 3 working days
- The Information Technology Services Centre reserves the right to deny any request of borrowing her facilities should a user failed to return the facilities before the date/time due.
- Users should note the Conditions of Use before using the room.
- The room should be kept clean and tidy after use.
- All non-ITSC staff should note that booking priority will be given to ITSC staff. In case their reserved periods clash with ITSC's, they need to rearrange another booking. Prior notice will be given FIVE working days before the class.
- If the attendees are not CUHK staff/students, the applicant needs to attach a list with the attendees' names and organization/department involved. They will be charged for using ITSC computer facilities as the charging table below.
- The room/facilities will be charged for the Centre' administrative cost if it is for holding profit-making courses/activities/events OR for non-academic study programmes. The charging rate is as follows,
|Training Room 1||Training Room 2||Training Room 3|
|(Per Session - 4 Hours)|