Departments can apply for a Web Hosting Service in supporting their needs in hosting their website, application or server.
24 X 7
For static HTML pages (such as using Dreamweaver) and password protected directories, CUHK Web Server (www.cuhk.edu.hk) is always an answer.
Server OS and Database Management
- Server operating system (OS) or database management by departments or their appointed vendors
- When departments (or their appointed vendors) want to host their applications and take up the server operating system (OS) or database management, they can simply apply for our Special Virtual Machine (VM) at https://paper.itsc.cuhk.edu.hk/dvp.
- This VM platform is a type of cloud service which offers a VM with firewall protection, in monthly subscription basis, to provide flexibility for departments to acquire their own virtual machines instantly and to eliminate long acquisition process for physical machine.
- Server operating system (OS) or database management by ITSC
- When departments want to host their applications in ITSC VM platform and need help in supporting and managing server operating system, they can apply for OS Management Service via ITSC Service Desk (select Cloud Computing Services). Departments or their appointed vendors shall provide instruction and details for application setup and configuration.
- Scope of OS Management Service:
- OS Supported: Windows Server 2012 R2 / CentOS 7 / Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
- Services include:
- OS installation and basic configuration
- Application installation and basic configuration
- Patches management
- Basic firewall setup and management
- Server / OS monitoring
If you need to house a physical server, the Co-location Rack Services may suit you. You don't need to worry about facility management in the data centre.