CU eLearning System (Blackboard Learn) is where teachers can set up course sites for students to access online learning materials, submit assignments, participate in online discussions, take quizzes, etc.
Staff & students
Service Charge and Application
Free; no application required
Access to Service
eLearning System: https://elearn.cuhk.edu.hk
24 X 7; except maintenance period
- Check if the browser you are using is supported
- Java Runtime Environment (JRE version 7 and 8) from Oracle is required for some features and tools.
You can access CU eLearning System with your valid Staff ID / Student ID and OnePass (CWEM) password. Access to the system will end when your CUHK account expires.
- Student: last day of the month printed on your CU Link card
- Staff: last day of employment or the last day of retirement
Note: If you would like to keep a backup of your content on the system, you must do so before your account expires.
- CU eLearning System (Login)
- MyCUHK (Login)
- Staff: CUSIS and My Teaching > eLearning > CU eLearning System
- Student: CUSIS and My Study > eLearning > CU eLearning System
Click here for detailed steps.
All users can use Blackboard Mobile Learn app to access the system on their mobile devices. In addition to Blackboard Mobile Learn app, Blackboard has made available a new Bb Student app for students. Blackboard is also working on a new Bb Instructor app which will be available soon.
Course sites are automatically created on the system the next day the corresponding course records are created in CUSIS.
Listed course instructor(s) will see the course site(s) after successful login to the system. Course sites are set to “not currently available” to students by default.
When a course site is ready for student access, the course instructor needs to change the course site to “available to students” (detailed steps). Course instructors can add additional TAs, support staff, and students to their course sites using CUHK User Management tool.
After course instructors have updated their course sites and made them “available to students”, enrolled students will see the course sites listed under “My Courses” after successful login to the system.
If any of your enrolled courses do not appear:
- Check course site availability here.
- If you have added a course during the add/drop period, the course site will appear on the next day.
- If you still have questions, check with your instructors, TAs or support staff. You may also contact ITSC via ITSC Service Desk (eLearning Services general enquiry) for assistance.