Microsoft Campus Agreement is an annual licensing program that allows the University to purchase in a tiered price according to the number of faculty and staff full time equivalents (FTE). We then have the rights to run the most current or any previous version of the Software (any language) licensed on University-owed PCs (Macintosh or Windows) for a 12-month period.
The current Microsoft Campus Agreement subscribed by the University is valid from 1 June 2017 to 31 May 2018.
- University-owned PCs provided to departments / student organizations
- Staff under Work at Home Use Right (refer to tab 2: Work at Home Use Right for Staff)
Service Charge and Application
For University-owned PCs in
- Departments: Charged for installation media; ordering required
- Student organizations: Charged for installation media; application required (refer to tab 3: Student Organization Use Right)
Software Licensed for University-owned PCs
Currently, the software covered includes:
- Microsoft Desktop Campus (All Languages):
- Windows Operating System (OS) Upgrades^ (include Windows 10 Enterprise Upgrade);
- Office Professional Plus 2016, Office 365 Professional Plus and Office Standard for Mac 2016;
- Core CAL Suite (Windows Server CAL, Exchange Server Standard CAL-Device CAL, Office Sharepoint Server Standard CAL-Device CAL, and System Management Server Client ML);
- Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack and
- Microsoft SQL Server Client Access License (CAL) - Device CAL
As with all products licensed through the Microsoft Campus Agreement, users can downgrade the versions (previous version) in place of the current licensed.
^ OS version is an upgrade (or downgrade) only but not a full license. You must have a fully licensed version (such as an OEM license) of Windows or Mac OS before having the upgrade licensed under the Agreement (Since the machine is covered by the Microsoft Campus Agreement, you can either dual boot or upgrade that machine from Mac OS).
Starting from 1 June 2015, Microsoft Project Pro and Microsoft VISIO Prof will not be included in Microsoft Campus Agreement. Site license option for Visual Studio Professional will not be available.
Work at Home Use Right for Staff
Under the Work at Home Use Rights, staff can run one copy of the software licensed, for school- related purposes only, on their home PC / laptop. Please contact the LAN administrator or IT coordinator of your department to obtain the required media after a successful registration (via CUHK VPN / campus network). Renewal is required after each Microsoft Campus Agreement subscription ends.
Student Organization Use Right
- The software must be run on a University-owned PC
- Student Organizations need to do registration by writing to ITSC ServiceDesk with a software management guideline
- In applying for the use of the software, student organizations should
- observe the guidelines here
- setup a guideline for software management that complied with Guidelines on Handling Software Licenses in Copyright Ordinance
- appoint a dedicated student as the software coordinator
For successful application, ITSC will schedule a meeting with the student organization to make arrangement for software installation and explain the use instructions.