The Information Technology Services Centre (ITSC), at Pi Ch'iu Building, offers a variety of services to the academic, research and administrative communities of the University. Her service arm does not just stop at technical support and application project development, but stretches to almost all corners of the University in areas like system recommendation, acquisition, installation and subsequent maintenance.
The ITSC, with Ms. Carol Chiu as Acting Director and Mr. Morris Kwok as Assistant-to-Director, is organized to serve five areas. Each area is led by an Associate Director / Assistant Director, and supported and deputized by senior computer officers / computer officers.
Five areas are,
- Academic Support Services
Supports teaching and research of the University and are supported by
- eLearning Team (Ms. Judy Lo)
- Research Computing Team (Mr. Roger Wong)
- Administrative Systems Services (Service Head: Mr. Gordon Kui)
Supports the effective and efficient operation of the administration and makes information technology a strategic competitive tool for management, and is supported by
- Student Systems Team (Mr. Gordon Kui)
- Finance Systems Team (Ms. Anita Kwong)
- Human Resources Systems Team (Mr. Michael Chan)
- Systems Operation and Administration Team (Mr. Edmund To)
- Cloud Computing Services (Associate Director: Mr. Roger So)
Provides cloud computing services to the University and is supported by
- Application Development Team (Ms. Gigi Mui)
- Cloud Computing Services Team (Mr. George Yuen)
- Departmental Support Team (Mr. Matthew Wong)
- Infrastructure Services
Provides a state-of-the-art infrastructure, and sufficient computing and networking resource and delivers a reliable operation. The service is supported by
- Network Team (Mr. Walter Lee)
- Operations Team (Mr. David Choi)
- Systems Team (Mr. Philip Ling)
- User Support Services (Service Head: Mr. Thomas Tsui )
Supports user community at large and facilitates ITSC in delivering a comprehensive function, and is supported by
- End User Support Team (Ms. Wendy Chan)
- System Development Team (Mr. Benson Cheng)
Two sections are,
- Administrative Support Section (ADS) (Section Head: Ms Kennes Yuen)
Operates CU Link Card Centre, coordinates software licensing matters of the University and provides internal office support to the ITSC.
- Information Security Section (ISS) (Section Head: Ms Connie Law)
Establishes information Security (IS) policy, introduces IS good practices and enhances IS awareness for the University at large. It also plays a coordinating and monitoring role when tackling security incidents.