The Information Technology Services Centre (ITSC), at Pi Ch'iu Building, offers a variety of services to the academic, research and administrative communities of the University. Her service arm does not just stop at technical support and application project development, but stretches to almost all corners of the University in areas like system recommendation, acquisition, installation and subsequent maintenance.
The ITSC, with Dr. Michael Chang as Director and Mr. Morris Kwok as Assistant-to-Director, is organized to serve five areas. Each area is led by an Associate Director / Assistant Director, and supported and deputized by senior computer officers / computer officers.
Five areas are,
- Academic Support Services (ACAD) (Associate Director: Ms. Carol Chiu)
ACAD is responsible to support teaching and research of the University and is supported by
- eLearning Team
- Research Computing Team
- Administrative Systems Services (AMSS) (Service Head: Mr. Gordon Kui)
AMSD supports the effective and efficient operation of the administration and makes information technology a strategic competitive tool for management, and is supported by
- Student Systems Team
- Finance Systems Team
- Human Resources Systems Team
- Systems Operation and Administration Team
- Cloud Computing Services (CCS) (Service Head: Mr. Roger So)
CCD provides cloud computing services to the University and is supported by
- Application Development Team
- Cloud Computing Services Team
- Departmental Support Team
- Infrastructure Services (INFR)
INFR provides a state-of-the-art infrastructure, and sufficient computing and networking resource and delivers a reliable operation. The service is supported by
- Network Team (Mr. Walter Lee)
- Operations Team (Mr. David Choi)
- Systems Team (Mr. Philip Ling)
- User Support Services (USS) (Service Head: Mr. Thomas Tsui )
USD supports user community at large and facilitates ITSC in delivering a comprehensive function, and is supported by
- End User Support Team
- System Development Team
Two sections are,
- Administrative Support Section (ADS) (Section Head: Ms Kennes Yuen)
ADS operates CU Link Card Centre, coordinates software licensing matters of the University and provides internal office support to the ITSC.
- Information Security Section (ISS) (Section Head: Ms Connie Law)
ISS is responsible to establish information Security (IS) policy, introduce IS good practices and enhance IS awareness for the University at large. It also plays a coordinating and monitoring role when tackling security incidents.